Monday, March 9, 2009

Dealing with Others

Being in the D/s life is NOT easy when dealing with other people--i have two close friends who are aware of my "bend"--both of whom are supportive to a certain degree. My one friend, who is more like a sister to me than a friend, believes that the only reason i am "into" the D/s life is to fulfill some deep seated childhood and self-esteem issues, but she is perplexed why my new Master seems to be creating calm and confidence in me rather than the chaos that she expects. My other friend simply accepts that i am involved in this and says little. i wish i could know and explain all my reasons for wanting this...and i am SURE that some ARE related to self-esteem and childhood issues--BUT i also know that when i keep my Master and submission in the back of my mind, that i am a calmer person and a nicer person. This was true in my early twenties and this is true again now...

People just cannot see past the kinky sexual stuff related to D/s--they see bondage, whipping, forceful sex, pain as NEGATIVES and an adandonment of my lesbianism/feminism. Rather than seeing that my Master NEVER does anything to me that i do not expressly allow, and that my Master is more concerned with taking care of me than fulfilling his sexual fantasies--they see Him as taking advantage of me, forcing me to do what i do not want to, etc...oh how naive people can be....

so..rather than changing the world and my friends' minds, i will seek out more friends, friends who share this "bend" with me, who understand that being sub does not weaken who i am, but strengthens who i can be....

which, eventually, will be a perfect sub.

No comments:

Post a Comment