Monday, March 9, 2009

Cutting

i am a cutter...i have not cut on myself in years, but i still crave it, still think about it often. i first purposely cut myself when i was in the sixth grade...just a single cut to my left inner arm, not even very deep--just enough to draw blood. i was fascinated by that cut, but knew if anyone found out that i had done that intentionally to myself, i would be in trouble. i didn't cut again until high school--i think i cut a total of five or six times in high school--on my left upper thigh. i got serious about cutting in my early twenties...life was in chaos at that point--my job was horrible, my relationship with my partner a mess, my relationship with my family strained, i had just bought a house and was ridiculously stressed at the responsibility--cutting centered me. i could retreat into the bathroom with my serated knife (i always preferred a serated knife--i could FEEL them more--exacto knifes, razor blades, sharp paring knives--they all just sliced through so smoothly that i didn't feel the cutting) and choose a location for my next cut. Sometimes i would slice quickly on three or four spots--shallower cuts that would bleed but not scar. Other times, i would focus on one cut--making it as deep and painful as possible, watching the blood flow for as long as i could keep it flowing...the two different types of cuts affected me in different ways--the quick, shallow cuts released anger--if i was angry, at myself or anything else, i would use the shallow cuts. When i felt numb, closed in, dark--i would make the single, deep cut...going into a kind of "trance" throughout it and feeling more alert when finished. Needless to say, i have a deep affinity for cutting. i have put only three cuts on myself since i was 24--each time i gave in to cutting because i wanted to FEEL...

i would love to include cutting in my D/s life--in four DOMs/DOMMEs, i have only had one (my first, the DOMME) who actively encouraged me to cut. The paramedic was not open to it if he had anything to do with it, but i don't think he would have cared if i cut myself. The third DOM i ever played with, was fine with me cutting myself and was looking into branding me...and then there is my Master--my true DOM...he has ORDERED me to NEVER cut..THAT is hard--by forbidding it, cutting becomes very enticing...but my Master seems to know that allowing me to begin cutting will start me on a slippery slope back to regular cutting. Depending on my desires at the moment, i either adore my Master for this hard line to cutting or feel irritated that He doesn't seem to know how GOOD it would feel...but even in irritation, i appreciate that His reasons are sound and right.

i will not cut, my Master--not for myself, but for you.

2 comments:

  1. I can understand your Master's apprehension at you cutting yourself. Even though it was a release for you it was related to stress and pain and could be considered unhealthy.

    Have you discussed incorporating cutting into your play. This could allow you to feel the release of the 'trance' but as part of something you could share in a healthy way with your Master.

    I'm not into it myself and can only begin to understand what it means for you. But I think talking about it with your Master is a good thing, as with everything we share of ourselves with our chosen Masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have discussed by desires for cutting with my Master and He feels that it is NOT a healthy path for us to travel down. While i am disappointed that i will not get to experience the release that comes with cutting, i also understand and appreciate my Master's protective nature and desire to keep my safe. i love Him all the more for that.

    ReplyDelete